Do you wish to have dazzling white teeth but do not know how to get them? Are you looking for alternative treatments that can help get rid of those yellow-stained teeth of yours instantly? Well, then you are on the right page. Teeth whitening at home can be a much easier and more cost-effective procedure than visiting a dentist and spending bucks. This article explains various natural homemade remedies that can take away the stains from your teeth giving you a dazzling, white, shiny smile.
Let's have a look at some of the best teeth whitening tips that can be carried out at home.
1. Brush by using baking soda: Baking soda is one of the most popular ingredients used for making toothpaste, and it contains some natural teeth whitening properties. Baking soda is a little abrasive and has high potential in scrubbing off stains from your teeth. It inhibits bacterial growth in your mouth by creating an alkaline environment. After using it for a short while, you can see results. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two spoons of water, apply it to your brush, and brush your teeth.
2. Hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide can kill bacteria present in your mouth and assist in whitening your teeth with its bleaching properties. Several whitening products are available online as well as in-store that consist of hydrogen peroxide. Some studies have shown that toothpaste consisting of 1% hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can whiten your teeth instantly. But you should also keep in mind that using hydrogen peroxide in high concentration can lead to gum irritation and tooth sensitivity. Therefore, it is often advisable to use it in low concentrations. The safest range is 1.5% to 3%.
3. Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only a disinfectant but is also a natural cleaning agent that can be used for whitening your teeth. It is vital to note that using apple cider vinegar a lot of times can erode your enamel and soften your teeth. You can use apple cider vinegar as one time wash in a month. To prepare, dilute one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with water. Take the prepared solution into your mouth and keep it for a few minutes. Ensure you rinse your mouth with plain water after using apple cider vinegar.
4. Use activated charcoal: If you are looking for some easy and inexpensive ways to whiten your teeth, you must consider using activated charcoal, it helps clean all dirt from your teeth. Activated charcoal is the same as regular charcoal that you are using, but it is used for medical purposes. It is made by heating the charcoal, which creates some large pores in it that help trap all dirt and chemicals. Activated charcoal is tasteless, odorless, and safe for use on your teeth. But never make the mistake of scrubbing the charcoal too much on your teeth, as it will erode the enamel of your teeth. Do not use activated charcoal if there is any cut, abrasion, or wound. All you have to do is crush one charcoal tablet to make it powder, dip your toothbrush in water to make it wet, and then dip this wet brush into crushed charcoal. Now brush your teeth using activated charcoal for about three minutes before rinsing it. After a short while, your teeth will become white.
5. Coconut oil pulling using baking soda: This is a very efficient and best teeth whitening procedure, and has been in practice since ancient times. It is an Ayurvedic remedy with a proven role in removing bacteria and plaque from the surface of the teeth. Thus, making your teeth white and bright. Coconut oil is an organic antibacterial medium, and it also helps fight gum disease. To use, put a tablespoon of natural coconut oil into your mouth and then swish in like a mouthwash. Do this for about 5 – 20 minutes. Then rinse your mouth with water.
6. Banana peels: Banana peels have elevated levels of minerals like magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Your teeth absorb these minerals, and it whitens your teeth. You have to get a banana peel and then softly rub it in your teeth for two minutes. Following this, you can brush using baking soda or normal toothpaste to eliminate all banana peel leftovers on your teeth.
Everyone loves to have flawless teeth and a smile like that of celebrities. Well, it is no longer only a wish. Follow the above-mentioned techniques, and you will get glistening and healthy dentition. Apart from all this, you can opt to speak to a dentist to know about various teeth whitening procedures, whether they are suitable for your teeth, can cause sensitivity, etc. With MyDentalPlan, one of India’s largest Dental Networks, you can get access to many dentists and dental clinics.
About the Author:
Suprithi Choudhary, M.Pharm (Pharmacology) Medical Content writer
Suprithi is a Pharma Professional working as a medical content writer and previously worked as a Research Scientist and Senior Research Analyst
Special thanks to Dr Deepak Kulkarni, a dental surgeon with over 23 years of experience who proofread this blog. He graduated from the H.K.E's Dental College, Gulbarga, and has certifications in ACHS International Accreditation Education Plan; Advanced Rotary Endodontic - Restorative Continuum; and Leadership, Team Building and Customer Service Leadership from the Oscar Murphy International.