Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Regular health check-ups including check-ups for general health, mental health and dental health are essential to every child’s health and development and therefore many schools have begun to introduce complete Health Check-up Programs in their schedule.
Importance of regular Health Check-up Programme
Health check-ups in school are important as they help:
- To assess normal development of the child
- To keep a track of immunization schedule
- Early detection of disease/ abnormalities, if any
- To provide specialist services to needy children
Routine health check-ups are very critical to helping your child to maintain a healthy smile!
Sometimes regular health check-ups and tests can help find health issues before they start and sometimes they can help find problems early where the chances for treatment and cure for your child are better. Therefore, by taking the right health services, screenings and treatments for your child in schools will help your child to have a healthier life. However to give best health practices to every student, schools should take some necessary actions, which include:
- Schools need to take precautionary measures to prevent health hazards in the school premises
- School authorities should monitor the health of every child with both curative and preventive measures.
- Schools must appoint a qualified and certified medical practitioner to attend medical calls in the school premises round the clock.
- Schools should also appoint health care provider to discuss what screenings and exams your child need and when they need.
Establishing an ongoing relationship with your doctor in schools is essential not only to get optimal care but also to help your child feel comfortable with going to the doctor.
Therefore, it is consider that whether your child is entering school for the first time or not, school time is a good option for parents to keep a check on their child’s health as such School Health Check-ups Programs will make sure that they are well- protected against common childhood diseases and illnesses.
In case if you have any more queries or concerns, contact mydentalpaln.in
It’s time to take charge of your child’s health and schools are the best places to start with this process!